Point 39N 34E

North

East

South

West

GPS

Etiketler
Ynt: 39°N 34°E Bekdik - Aksaray

After having visited confluence point 40N 35E, I continued at once to drive on with the intention to make another "double point". Near Yerköy I turned left in direction to Kırşehir, the road was narrow, but there was nearly no circulation at all. At Kırşehir, which is not far from the main attractions of Cappadocia, the terrain becomes more mountainous, and because the confluence point is beside a reservoir, I had some reservations that this point 39N 34E could be more difficult.

Leaving Kırşehir, the road branches off towards Ortaköy and one has to cross Kızılırmak, the longest river of Asia Minor. Close to the new bridge is a beautiful, half-preserved arched bridge dating back to the Roman era, and an old caravanserai from the 13th century, unfortunately locked. Just after crossing the river, a small road branches off to the right, which leads close to the Confluence. It is a real "confluence road", because the direction pointer on the GPS receiver always points straight ahead here.

After some kilometres, the mountains begin to rise. From the road, one has to walk for about 400 m as the crow flies. The point is located exactly on top of one of these small mountains; the view in all directions is gorgeous. Until now, this was my most beautiful Confluence. I took the pictures and savoured the views. In the view south, my car, the good old fogey can be seen.

When arriving back at my old fogey I wanted to check the distance to Ankara, or the next Confluence, on the GPS receiver - but I couldn't find it. As I had the device only borrowed from Roman, I became slightly panic-stricken and ran back up the hill. There it was - it could have been nowhere else. Then soon the twilight fell and I drove along tiny roads in the direction of Tuz Gölü ("Salt Lake"), one of the most saline lakes in the world. But as it was now nearly completely dark, I continued to drive on to Ankara. I had visited Tuz Gölü already a year before, but a visit is worthwhile in any case. We took some funny pictures there, because one can walk over the water like Jesus.

Pretty tired, I arrived after this double confluence search in Ankara and slept long till the next morning. On Sunday, I did some shopping on the castle and in the Old Town; in the evening I met some friends. On Monday our conference was held, and on Tuesday noon I drove back on the highway to Istanbul. (GK)

Harald Waldvogel
30-Oct-2004

Gezenbilir bilgi kaynağını daha iyi bir dizin haline getirebilmek için birkaç rica;
- Arandığında bilgiye kolay ulaşabilmek için farklı bir çok konuyu tek bir başlık altında tartışmak yerine veya konu başlığıyla alakalı olmayan sorularınızla ilgili yeni konu başlıkları açınız.
- Yeni bir konu açarken başlığın konu içeriğiyle ilgili açık ve net bilgi vermesine dikkat ediniz. "Acil Yardım", "Lütfen Bakar mısınız" gibi konu içeriğiyle ilgili bilgi vermeyen başlıklar geç cevap almanıza neden olacağı gibi bilgiye ulaşmayı da zorlaştıracaktır.
- Sorularınızı ve cevaplarınızı, kısaca bildiklerinizi özel mesajla değil tüm forumla paylaşınız. Bildiklerinizi özel mesajla paylaşmak forum genelinde paylaşımda bulunan diğer üyelere haksızlık olduğu gibi forum kültürünün kolektif yapısına da aykırıdır.
- Sadece video veya blog bağlantısı verilerek açılan konuların can sıkıcı olduğunu ve üyeler tarafından hoş karşılanmadığını belirtelim. Lütfen paylaştığınız video veya blogun bağlantısının altına kısa da olsa konu başlığıyla alakalı bilgiler veriniz.

Hep birlikte keyifli forumlar dileriz.

GEZENBİLİR TV

GEZENBİLİR'İ TAKİP EDİN

Forum istatistikleri

Konular
Mesajlar
Kayıtlı Üye Sayımız
Kaydolan Son Üyemiz
kalenbuk

Geri
Üst